Assistant Coach, Men's Lacrosse
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Job Title||Assistant Coach, Men's Lacrosse|
|Division||President - PRS|
|Annual Salary Range||$24,000|
|Hourly Salary Range|
|Employment Status||Full Time 10 Mos Regular|
The purpose of this position is to provide coaching expertise and leadership and assist the Head Coach in the management and administration of all aspects of a competitive NCAA Division II program resulting in a positive and beneficial intercollegiate experience for student-athletes.
|Essential Job Duties||
1. Assist the head coach in the organization and supervision of practices and contests.
2. Maintain standards of performance consistent with departmental, academic, and athletic expectations.
3. Assist in implementing a successful recruiting program to attract outstanding student-athletes to attend the University of Montevallo.
4. Conduct all aspects of the program within the rules, regulations, and procedures of the conference, the NCAA, the departmental policy manual, and the university.
5. Attend and participates in department and staff meetings as requested/required.
6. Coordinate and implement the eligibility requirements to ensure full compliance with governing rules and regulations, proper administration of financial aid for both prospective and enrolled student-athletes, facilities scheduling, and contest administration and game operations as necessary.
7. Maintain a positive and constructive working relationship with University and departmental support staff to ensure an efficient and effective program and department.
8. Develop and participate in fund-raising activities for the program in conjunction with athletic advancement through the Falcon Club.
9. Represent the University at professional meetings, alumni gatherings, campus activities and civic affairs as requested by the head coach.
10. Encourage an effective outreach program with student-athletes that provide benefit to the on and off-campus community.
11. Maintain relationships with parents, alumni, friends of the program, and others toward the positive image and promotion of the Athletics Program.
12. Remain in full compliance with NCAA, University, and Gulf South Conference rules.
13. Comply with all NCAA rules and regulations, and acknowledge this compliance as part of an annual evaluation process.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned. The individual holding this position will serve as a representative of the University and, as such, shall promote a positive impression by demonstrating a collegial and professional customer-service approach at all times.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||
Knowledge of basic principles of coaching/team supervision;
|Education and Experience||
The educational requirement for this position is: Bachelor’s degree
This position requires: 2 years of coaching experience at NCAA Division I, II or III level.
|Licenses, Certification or Registrations||
Certifications, licenses, professional designations, or other qualifications required for this position include:
Certifications, licenses, professional designations, or other qualifications preferred for this position include:
|Environmental Working Conditions||Indoor and Outdoor|
|Travel Requirements||Moderate Travel|
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Desired Start Date||ASAP|
The physical activities required for this position involve:
Standing: Under 1/3 of the time; walking: Under 1/3 of the time; sitting: Up to 2/3 of the time; using hands: Over 2/3 of the time; reaching with hands and arms: Up to 2/3 of the time; stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling: Under 1/3 of the time; talking or hearing: Over 2/3 of the time.
This position requires lifting:
Up to 10 pounds: Under 1/3 of the time; up to 25 pounds: Under 1/3 of the time; up to 50 pounds: Under 1/3 of the time.
This position has the following special vision requirements:
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
UM is an AA/EO Employer
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HigherEdJobs/Affirmative Action Email List
- Birmingham News
- Shelby County Reporter
- Birmingham Times
- Personal Referral
- UM Website
- Agency Referral
Documents Needed to Apply
- Letter of Application